Hey all you blonde, bronzed, twentysomethings. The other day I blogged about ‘brunching’ and got many emails from you guys about how into brunching you are and how this earlier meal in the day has created a stronger bond in your girl-on-girl friendships. Well with the weather getting warmer, and patio season blossoming, I thought I’d share a tried, tested and true recipe, perfect for you to use to play hostess with. So read the recipe below, then head on over to the grocery store nearest you to get fresh ingredients, then invite your favourite girlies over for a brunch on the patio.
The recipe of the day is the Barefoot Contessa’s (Ina Garten) Banana Sour Cream Pancakes. Here is a direct link to her recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/banana-sour-cream-pancakes-recipe/index.html however, I have blonded the recipe to a tee, to make it more simple and health conscious for us blonde, bronzed, twentysomethings.
Jenny Jen’s Bar Banana Sour Cream Pancakes:
– buy a ‘just add water’ pancake mix from the grocery store. Jenny Jen recommends Aunt Jamima’s Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix
– 1/2 cup of fat free sour cream (bikini season is around the corner, may as well lower the calorie intake)
– 2 bananas (diced)
– a pinch of kosher salt
– 2 packets of Sweet & low
1) Follow the instructions on the pancake mix box of your choice for exact amount of mix and water that should be used and mix them together in a large bowl.
2) Add 1/2 cup of fat free sour cream, two packs of Sweet & Low and a pinch of kosher salt and continue to stir altogether until there are no visible clumps.
3) Add the diced banana’s into the bowl and mix in as well.
4) Spray some Fat Free PAM on a large sized non-stick pan. Put the stove on low-medium heat then pour the mix Have fun with this – choose the size that you want (whether it is many small pancakes or a couple big ones).
5) After 2 minutes or so flip the pancakes with a spatula. Then once cooked to a golden brown, place on your plate.
Enjoy! Happy baking my summer-brunch loving blondes you!
– Jenny Jen